What To Expect
Never been to a wood and wine studio? No worries, you are not alone! Here is what to expect when you arrive:
- Both your wood and your personalized stencil will be placed on a work table at a reserved spot. If you requested to be seated next to a friend, you should find their design in the spot next to you. Your project will be built for you as our insurance does not allow us to use saws in the workshop. You will sand, stain, and paint your project, as well as attach any hardware, wreaths, bows etc. but you won't be cutting or assembling the wood itself.
- In order to protect your clothing, you will ask you to put on the apron provided. If you also wish to place your purse/handbag away from the work table, there are hooks under the center of the tables for your items.
- Make yourself at home! Take a look around and come say hello to us. We always run around like crazy women but we want to chat with you!
- Once everyone has settled in, we will begin class. Please try to be on time or call if you will be late. A typical class will last for 2-2.5 hours. Larger pieces and furniture projects may last up to 3.5 hours.
- The instructor will guide you through the process, from start to finish. We will also help you with stain and paint color options. If you get lost, written instructions are provided at the center of each table. We will be hands-on throughout the entire workshop, but if at any time you have questions or need help, please let us know! We are there to HELP YOU! Feel free to yell "teacher teacher" at any time :)
- As the workshop progresses, know that not everyone will be moving at the same pace. This is normal – don’t compare yourself to anyone else. This is YOUR project and YOUR experience! HAVE FUN, ENJOY YOURSELF, and BE PROUD of your creation! Again, we are there to help. So, if you have questions or need a hand with your project, let us know! But most of all, RELAX! There's no need to stress, we do plenty of that for you ;).
- When you have finished your project, you are free to go! BUT before you go, and if you are up for it, we’d love to get a picture of you with your project for our gallery! This helps people just like you see what is possible to create.
Last, but certainly, not least … we are so grateful to you for spending time with us at our workshop, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Sorry, there are no products in this collection